This week I received the loveliest comment from a fellow blogger! She wanted to let me know that she was nominating me with the Blogger Recognition Award! So Exciting! This made my day!! She also wrote a simple little sentence that I appreciated more than she will know, “I love your creativity and how you break it down so people like me can do it too!” This is why I do what I do!! I love to teach as well as show people that creativity is not hard, or complicated, it’s just breaking it down into simple little steps to make beautiful things! I just wanted to thank Lindsey and her blog “Everyday Above Dirt is a Good Day” for reaching out and taking the time to recognize other bloggers and their hard work. And I would love to pass on the love too!
BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD RULES:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award!
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Share two pieces of advice for new bloggers!
- Choose 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them. Provide the link to the post you created.
HOW “MAKING THINGS IS AWESOME” CAME TO BE!
When I was in nursing school I found that creating new things everyday helped to keep me sane. I really helped me do better in school and in life when I balanced school work with something I loved doing such as sewing, crafting, or creating healthy meals. And I thought why not document my creations online to be able to share with friends and family. So… that’s what I did!
When I graduated nursing school and my life changed to career woman, and I lost my drive to be creative. I think I was just tired after work and I and had moved into a suite that just didn’t have the space or light to inspire me. Then big life changes happened… I had 2 kiddos, moved to a new city, bought our first house, and I found myself a stay at home mom. As the kiddos are growing up a bit, I have found my way back to being creative and I have found that it has brought back so much colour and happiness to my life. I am so grateful for the ability to stay home with my kiddos and be able to share our creative lives with anyone who finds our little corner of the interwebs.
ADVICE FOR NEW BLOGGERS
This is Corbin sharing some blogging wisdom! He says “always… always… be super cute!” (wink)…
So, I feel a little strange giving advice to new bloggers as I am very new to this as well. I’m only 4 months into this blogging adventure… but it is my second attempt at blogging. I’ll share some things that have worked for me…
- Write about what you love and your writing will come easy. For me I find creating and documenting the creative process to be more work than actually writing about how to be creative. I think that a successful blog is one that you would write whether you made money doing it or not. When you truly love and show passion for what you put out in the world, others will eventually find you and it will grow a community of like-minded lovely people.
- Take good Photos!!!! This is something I still struggle with because there are so many professional photographers out there and a lot of the big blogs on the internet use such high quality equipment or use expensive photo editing software, And I’m just not there YET! I work hard to take good photos… lighting is always an issue and getting clear photos is always an issue. But do the best you can. I am always drawn to other blogs that take the time to make their photos the best they can be. At the moment I don’t use anything that costs money, just natural light from a window and the basic photo editing program that comes on my PC. In time I want to upgrade so that my photos look more professional too.
SHARING THE LOVE – MY NOMINEES FOR THE BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD
- 20 Something On a Budget
- Creative and Healthy Fun Food
- Meri Cherry
- At Home With Natalie
- Simply Every
- Fit Freckled Fed
- Thimble and Twig
- Bobsy’s Mum
- My Heart Will Sew On
- Swoodson Says
- Sweet Red Poppy
- Pear Berry Lane
- Lollipop Couture
- The Petite Passions
- The Crafting Fiend
Please take the time to check out these awesome blogs and give them some love!! Thanks again Lindsey for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! Sending lots of love out to my fellow bloggers and everyone who takes the time to be apart of this blog. Every bit of engagement is greatly appreciated! Until next time, appreciate your people, and enjoy creating beautiful things!